Power Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Flour free, Gluten free, Dairy Free, Egg Free)
Here is our newest creation and I am excited to share it with you! It is a great cookie recipe for more reasons than just because it is gluten, dairy and egg free. It is a great recipe because it is packed with protein and fiber from the chickpeas and that means NO big blood sugar swings from eating this. Did I mention that my kids get excited when they see the chickpeas soaking the day before? They taste delicious.
Finally a cookie that is really a great snack!
Makes at least 24 Cookies
1 cup dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
1¼ cups almond butter (See my Homemade Almond Butter Recipe)
½ cup honey
¼ cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 175 C
2. Boil the chick peas for several hours to soften (3-4 hours)
3. Blend cooked chickpeas, almond butter and honey in the food processor until smooth.
4. Add cacao powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla and continue to blend well
5. Add chocolate and pulse them into the mix with the food processor
6. Drop heaping tablespoon of batter on baking trays lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet, and leave them to cool completely on a rack.