I will be speaking more about quinoa in a future newsletter, but I couldn’t wait to share this amazing salad. It is so easy to make and the dijon vinaigrette is really the reason that it all pulls together. You can use any vegetables, any salad, with the beluga lentils and quinoa and it is a super meal. A baby could handle this mashed up with some avocado and tomato from about 9 months.
Quinoa – Beluga Lentil Salad:
(adapted from chef Brian Lewis)
2 cups of broth
1 tsp sea salt (divided)
1 cup beluga lentils*
3 cups of water
½ c dijon dressing (recipe below)
Mixed with a bit of lemon, oil, salt and pepper to taste.
1/3 c red wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ tsp sea salt
1 TBSP dijon mustard
- Make the Dijon Dressing, by mixing all of the ingredients in a hand blender.
- Rinse the quinoa well with cold water (don't miss this step, it is important). Place quinoa, ½ tsp salt and broth in a pot and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, for about 15 minutes until all the broth has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Place the lentils, 3 cups water, ½ tsp salt in saucepan and simmer, uncovered until all of the water is absorbed and the lentils are tender. Cool
- Mix cooked quinoa, beluga lentils and ½ c (adjust to your taste) of the dijon dressing together. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve lentils and quinoa topped with diced vegetables for a yummy salad.
TATOIOU 122, N.ΕΡΥΘΡΑΙΑ
Λ.ΠΕΝΤΕΛΗΣ 97, ΧΑΛΑΝΔΡΙ